Thursday, July 14, 2011

~Musings~


Musings...most of us have never used the word much less really know what it means.  If you google the word, you can find several definitions:
Be absorbed in thought.
Say to oneself in a thoughtful manner.
A product of contemplation.

I like this one best as shared by Ro Paxman from Scrapgirls Blog:
Muse:  To be absorbed in one's thoughts; engage in meditation. Not intended to solve the world's problems, another person's problems, or to cover topics completely. One does not have to agree with musings to enjoy them, just as one does not have to be the same as someone else to appreciate who they are.



But then came along the blog world and you see the word "musings" and the idea of "musing" all over the place!  I have no idea who started using the term, but it describes, to a tee, what most of blogging is all about.  Thinking out loud about one's thoughts and sharing feelings, ideas, likes, dislikes, hobbies, family...you name it!


When I first became aware of blogging, I thought why in the world would I be interested in what someone else shares or thinks?  Better yet, why would anyone be interested in what I have to say or think?

But blogging has evolved changed. The format of blogging has improved and become, oh, so much more interesting.  I'm so glad that I stepped out of my cocoon.  Who would have ever thought that such an idea, like blogging, would create such a community, such a family?


What is it about the blogging world that intrigues us?  For me, as a result of health issues and becoming much of a recluse, I am able to find others who share the same likes...and loves...as I have.  I am able to learn new decorating ideas, recipes, how-to's, tips and sometimes new hobbies.


I am able to reach out and make new  friends with people whom I may never EVER have met otherwise.  All because one shared one's "musings".


What do you think?

May your day be enlightened because of reading someone's musings ~

No comments:

Post a Comment